To be eligible under the Program, you must:
- be registered with the MAPAQ, in accordance with the Regulation respecting the registration of agricultural operations and the payment of property taxes and compensations, at the time of application.
- have incurred, between March 15, 2020, and February 26, 2021, eligible expenses to limit the spread of COVID-19 within your business and to ensure the health and safety of your workers.
- not have received other government assistance for the expenses you are claiming.
- have had a total of 10 employees at your employ at the same time, for a minimum of 4 weeks, and who worked at least 25 hours with pay on a weekly basis.
- have presented an arm’s length salary expense of at least $50,000 as part of your financial statements for the last available year, or plan to accumulate this amount by the end of the current fiscal year.
- have complied with the laws and regulations in force with respect to the applicable health rules adopted by Québec and Canadian public authorities in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The following expenses, among others, are not eligible:
- Ongoing operational expenses not related to COVID-19;
- Labour and meal expenses;
- Expenses related to retail or other on-site sales activities;
- Expenses for personal protective equipment that was required prior to COVID-19;
- Expenses related to the Quarantine Act for the isolation of temporary foreign workers; and
- Usual capital and machinery expenses, purchase of land and applicable taxes (GST and QST).