To be eligible for the Agri-Québec program, you or your farming operation must:
- Have carried out agricultural or aquacultural activities in Québec and have reported farming income or loss for tax purposes for the participation year.
- Be domiciled in Québec or have your head office and main place of business in Québec, according to the type of operation you run.
- If you are a new participant, have joined before the deadline, which is 12 months after the end of your fiscal year.
- Provide your Social Insurance Number, Québec Business Number or federal business number, according to the operation's legal status.
- Be registered with the Ministère de l'Agriculture, des Pêcheries et de l'Alimentation du Québec, as stipulated by the Regulation respecting the registration of agricultural operations and the payment of real estate taxes and compensations, and provide the operation's registration number.
- Market a product subject to the regulations and conventions in effect in the framework of the Act respecting the marketing of agricultural, food and fish products.
For all the eligibility criteria, please consult the program (PDF in French).