← Back to page Payment
To be eligible for this type of payment for the 2017 and 2018 participation years, you must meet the following conditions:
- You have sent your financial information for the 2016 or 2017 participation year;
- You meet program eligibility conditions, except that regarding the reporting of farming income for tax purposes, which must only be met in the case of a final processing request;
- You have experienced an estimated margin decline of more than 30% in relation to your reference margin. Or, if your reference margin is negative, have a year’s margin lower than the reference margin and meet payment requirements when the margin is negative;
- At least six months have passed between the start of the fiscal period for which you have applied for the interim payment and a production cycle has been completed during the participation year;
- It is possible that the requirement concerning the practice of farming activities for six months be waived if the farming activities carried out during the participation year are spread out over at least three months and FADQ believes that these activities are sufficient to make a reasonable estimate of the production margin for the participation year. The same principle applies for the production cycle requirement.
When you request a 2017 or 2018 interim payment kit, priority will be given to the processing of previous years, if not yet completed. After receiving the financial information for 2016 or 2017 or the estimates for 2017 or 2018, your file will be processed as soon as possible.
Please also note the following:
- You must contact the financial information collection and processing team to receive an interim payment kit;
- The financial information used to calculate the interim payment must cover a 12-month period, which means that part of the financial information must be estimated if the fiscal period has not ended when you apply for the interim payment;
- The interim payment corresponds to 50% of the final amount;
- Processing must be done in chronological order of participation years;
- Linkage with the Farm Income Stabilization Insurance Program (ASRA) will apply in all cases;
- Any compensation received or to come from the Crop Insurance Program (ASREC) will be taken into account when calculating the interim payment. It is therefore important to promptly report any damage to crops to avoid the possible recovery of all or part of the interim payment received;
- Even if participation in the new Agri-Québec Plus program is linked to that of the AgriStability program, it is not possible to request an interim payment from the Agri-Québec Plus program.
Please do not hesitate to read the financial information collection to see allowable and non-allowable income and expenses.