To be eligible for the loan guarantee you must
- Be over 18 years of age and domiciled in Québec.
- Have your business held by at least 50% of individuals practising agriculture.
- Show good profit-making potential.
- Abide by the environmental standards set forth in the Environment Quality Act and the Agricultural Operations Regulations, including the requirements involving the phosphorus report and operating rights.
Other conditions may also apply depending on your project type. For more details, consult the program (PDF in French).
We can guarantee one or more loans of up to $15,000,000 per farm business. Amounts granted may be used to finance agricultural projects such as the
- Purchase of assets (including quotas) or real estate.
- Short-term needs, including cash flow needs.
- Purchase or buy-back of interests or shares in a farm business or goods and services company.
- Refinancing of a loan.
- Value-added activities for harvested agricultural products.